Seriously, how great would it be if our essentials were really just a backpack, sunglasses, hat and, of course, couple bottles of vodka?
The hat sunglasses and bag were used, but unfortunately, with this being our busiest time of year there were not many drinks to be had by the Dos Mundos Team. Not that we are complaining though — we thrive when we are this productive.
This being some of our team’s 10th year of attending, we are always amazed at how energy of SXSW pulses through the city of Austin. The excitement is infectious and at times it is hard to remember to slow down and enjoy. However, the one thing we’ve learned about attending this festival is that once you get there, plan to stay there all day. It is almost impossible to get in and out of the city, not to mention the parking situation — so having a well-planned bag is a must.
Here’s a peek at the basics in our SXSW survival list:
- Mac Laptop | we’ve got the new one, which is great for editing videos and photos on the spot)
- Sony A7ii | In our opinion the best compact camera for capturing quality video + stills
- 24-70 lens | allows for a decent distance range without being too bulky or too limiting
- Lacie Hard Drive | for storing all that beautiful footage 😉
- Sunglasses | we ALWAYS lose ours so these are freebies from the Mashable House
- Janessa Leone Hat
- Backpack ( from our local favorite Dylan Wylde)
- Comfortable pair of Nike Airmax tennis shoes or a fine pair of boots depending on whether it is music or interactive ( we go a little more casual + sporty for the music portion)
- Thunderbird + BoBo’s Oat Bars | Both gluten-free, no artificial sweeteners and they are gluten free!